Tuesday, November 14, 2006

No Coffee.

The coffee machine broke...right in the middle of my slump. Well, I hope it's the middle. I hope it's not the beginning. Hopefully, in a couple of days I'll be riding high again. I think I need something really awful to happen to someone in the story to put things back at high velocity. Or maybe I need to re-visit Dutch. I've definitely focused too much on Augustine and her heart-breaker friends (and enemies).

Nonetheless, the coffee machine broke. It spit out one last 1/4 cup of black sludge, which I promptly diluted to make an honest last cup, before it gave up the ghost. I hope that's not metaphorical.

3 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I haven't seen it, but I'll get on it. (Well, when I say get on it, I mean in the next few months or so. I rented Annie Hall last week, and it's been sitting in the cabinet ever since. I'm pretty much condemned to the Wiggles or "Scary Ghost Charlie Brown" or Diego and Dora right now when I watch the tube. I also have three week's worth of Lost and The Office on tape that I can't seem to find time for.)

I visited your blog and loved it. I hope you don't mind all the comments.

No. The machine didn't get fixed; however, my dear mother arrived to care for my child yesterday while I went to work with a cup of hot coffee in one hand and her old coffee pot in the other. I was somewhat amazed and mystified by her exceptional maternal instinct until she informed me that she reads the blog. Isn't she lovely? Let's give her a hand!

Also, I'm glad to know that my namesake is still alive.

And don't think of me as ahead by any special device. I am now forcing myself to write each morning. Forcing myself out of bed. And, as you can plainly now see, stalling surfing the internet. I know that if I let one, just one, single morning pass without working on the story, I'm lost. I won't have another opportunity to make up that lost time. So it's like climbing a very tall mountain with a very limited supply of oxygen. There can be no stopping.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

I hope she it. But I hope she'll eventually share because I'd like to experience Cloud 9 vicariously through her.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Annie Hall was great, but I think it says something about my personal character or about my current condition that it made me sad and nostalgic for the neuroticism of love.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home