Monday, November 06, 2006

Taking Advantage of Your Inner Critic's Bio-rhythms.

I think I'm onto something. Apparently, my inner critic sleeps until approximately 6 a.m., which, fortunately, is also about the time my son wakes in the morning. This means that prior to 6 a.m., I am only able to focus my attention on writing. Consequently, I've managed to write regularly each day for about two hours, and I've managed to write about 1600 words per day. I am currently at 9,700 (well, a little over that, but I can't remember the exact word count). I haven't been able to questions characters' motives, decisions, or lifestyle choices because I'm not that alert at 4 a.m., so they've been perfectly at their ease to do all sorts of things that I would never have thought of if my inner smarty-pants had been awake. In fact, before 6 a.m. I am perfect conduit for my characters' personalities.

Also, I'm in love with my main male character. Is that weird? I mean, I know it's sad, but is it weird and sad?

1 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

I agree with Simone.... Not a bit unusual to love your creations.... it is actually quite lovely...

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home