Friday, November 03, 2006

If music be the food of writing...

Songs that I turn to when I need inspiration about particular characters, scenes, and situations. Most of the cheesy love songs help to put me in an ironic state of mind.

1. Red, right hand...Nick Cave
2. Foolish Love...Rufus Wainwright
3. Wives and Lovers...Jack Jones
4. You Showed Me...The Turtles
5. Love Makes the World Go Round...Deon Jackson
6. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me...Mel Carter
7. Our Day Will Come...Ruby and the Romantics
8. Without Love (There is Nothing)...Tom Jones
9. Both sides, now...Joni Mitchell
10. Love and Happiness...Al Green
11. Is you is or is you ain't my baby...Louis Armstrong
12. Mint Juleps and Needles...Brenda Kahn
13. Paper Moon...Ella Fitzgerald
14. I hope that I don't fall in love with you...Tom Waits

Among others.

And you?

4 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

Fumblin' with the blues by Tom Waits is the theme-song of this project...

Universal Traveller- Air
ALL SONGS IN MY Itunes Library by Cat Power, Aimee Mann, Grant Lee Buffalo, Erykah Badu...
More to come...xox

10:44 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

You know there's gotta be a Tom Waits song. Several of mine are from the soundtracks you made for me last time we did this!

11:14 AM  
Blogger natalie said...

I guess a new sound track is in order!!!
I will get to work on it!
xox

1:14 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Yay! I'll see if I can come up with some good chick lit music for you.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home