Friday, November 03, 2006

Surprisingly delighted by writing.

I can hardly believe it, but I am not feeling any real anxiety. If fact, I have thoroughly enjoyed writing (so far). I even have that little twitter of anticipation and excitement in my stomach that I think I remember having at some point in my youth when I had crushes. Of course, it could be sleep deprivation also, as I have awakened each morning thus far at 4 o'clock.

I nearly hit snooze today, but I forced myself to the coffee maker and pushed through.

I had a few false starts, but then I found my groove and managed to hit 4247 by 6 o'clock.

I'm still a little behind my schedule, but I feel good about it. I'm not behind my schedule in mind and heart, just in time. I could have continued writing is what I mean, but there were miles to go.

I am finding that writing in brief, complete scenes is helping. I can finish a scene, sometimes even two, in one sitting.

I am also getting a lot of support from my second period students. We check my nanowrimo page every day to see how I'm doing and how North Carolina:Raleigh is doing in the international scheme of things. By the way, Germany and Austria dropped from second to fifth. LA is pushing ahead of the pack. Go, Natalie! I attribute that entirely to you and your crewe!

I also say things like, "Yep, next year I'll be sittin' on a beach in Tahiti thinkin', 'I bet Tearia and Jerez are doing Daily Grammar Practice right now. hehehehe." Then I'll stare off through the bulletin board with a beatific smile on my face for a minute. They like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

Being on shcedule in your heart and mind are so much more important than anything else!

I agree completely about the short complete scenes, that was how I did the Japan novel...This time I have more to say anf it is more complex.

I love that your students are in on it...
How inspiring!
xo

I reached 3100 laSTnight but have to drive to San Diego tonight so may have a bit of a fall-back...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Great work! Keep it up! I'm hanging out with my mom and her best girlfriend tonight, while dad watches the kid. If I hear any good chick talk, I'll pass it on to you for your novel.

11:16 AM  
Blogger natalie said...

have a wonderful evening!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home