Friday, November 10, 2006

17504 words and no sign of stopping.

I'm almost at 20,000. I suspect that I'll hit it tomorrow morning. I had to force myself to stop this morning, even though the baby's still asleep. I don't like to work beyond a certain point because I like to leave somewhat excited about the next scene.

I nearly worked in another kiss. It would have been easy because Augustine decided to jump the gun and begin working on breaking her mark's heart. Her case involves an old flame who has left his wife, her cousin. The moment came. The kiss was inevitable, and, boy, howdy, it would've been a good one, but I forced myself to wait. I didn't feel like three kisses in two chapters would have been the way to go. However, the non-kiss in Chapter Nine is probably more intense than the kisses in Chapter Eight. Whew. If I keep up at this rate, I'll never have to date again.

Speaking of which, a co-worker said yesterday, "I bet you've got men lined up outside your door."

My reply? "Yep. Unfortunately, they're all bill-collectors."

I have a long weekend ahead of me. No school today due to Veteran's Day. It's going to take real will-power not to begin decorating for Christmas, cheesy as that may sound. I've got the pre-lit tree (multi-colored lights, of course), the knick-knacks and bric-a-bracs. To be honest, I've been shutting myself up in the kitchen at night for a few minutes to listen to my Rat Pack Christmas album in secret.

But, before then, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Just weeks away!

And, just think, we'll have complete novels to edit over the Christmas holiday!

1 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

Hell Yess girl... Keep it up!
xo

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home