Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Paris, Florida

I am behind...again...still. But I am not in a stir of anxiety. Rather I am in an internet cafe in Gulf Breeze, Florida, hoping that a change might do me good. Don't be jealous. Rain is pouring over the sides of the strip mall making small oceans in the parking lot. I did manage to finally reach 30,000 words on Sunday night, and Bronte has reached the safe haven of a Resistance apartment in Montparnasse. She just sat to dinner with Michele, Jean-Pierre, Apollinaire, and Laure. Michele prepared a delicious pot-au-feu. I figure that I can focus on character development of these new acquaintances for another 1000 words or so - if I'm lucky. Then I can have one of the characters explain Bronte's predicament to her so that she will FINALLY begin to understand the dire circumstances into which she has been cast by fortune and my whimsy. My goal for today is to write 4000 words. I have until 3:30 so I better get started. I'll let you know how I make out. First, though, let me say that if nothing else comes of this project, I do enjoy being able to say with exasperation, "I'm stranded without a computer 30,000 words into writing a novel." It makes me feel mysterious and intriguing. Good thing I'm wearing silver bangles and Jackie-O sunglasses.

2 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

i just read this novel by haruki murakami, another gem (and about 100 pages in i found that he had written about kappa, yeah!)
anyway, the narrator sees a woman in a car with her arm out the window, on her arm are silver bangles, he has this long delicious elaborate fasntasy about sleeping with her, except she just won't take off the bracelets, they become a point of erotic departure, so think of that as you flaunt those baubles...

i am stuck as well.
the approach of the full moon really fouled me up,
all i wanted to do was draw and piant all weekend...
i start today at 30,0133 words and hope to make about 4000 today, let's race, maybe that will motivate us....

good luck, break a leg or whatever..

6:19 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I saw on the news the other day that there had been another earthquake in Japan. I was worried about you. Keep on truckin', sugar mama. I just realized that Bronte only has eight days to save the world! Better get to work!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home