Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Deus ex machina

Bronte is on board a Ukrainian merchant ship tonight waiting to depart New England for the safer shores of France, where she will be met by a representative of the Resistance group that will protect her from l'eminence grise. Her agent Cora suffered a fatal heart attack while jogging in a business suit and heels in a park in Brooklyn. Suspicious, non? I didn't have to kill her, of course. Perhaps I should have saved death for a time when I was feeling uninspired or blocked. But I just couldn't go another page without wielding the full weight of my power on some poor, unsuspecting schlub. Has anyone else had this experience?

Molly, I hoped that you might suggest a good park in Brooklyn for a killin'. I left a big question mark in the hopes that you might give me that touch of authenticity.

By the way, over half-way finished! Who thought we'd come this far?! I stopped at 26,742 tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

i admire the way that you take perverse pleasure in sending down a lightning bolt, for me the murder of my creations feels like more of an obligation that an adventure, i gues i am soft, still, i intend to kill one off and have several lined up for yubitsume--ritual finger removal.. so there!

Off to paris? lucky Bronte!!

i want to write other things but i am trying to resist, my problem is that once the initial excitement wares off, i want to get that feeling again, start something new...
i have all these ideas, and no, i won't even consider trying to integrate anything else into this one, it is heavy with nods(i should say bows) to Japanese culture already, i have a glossary for heaven's sake!!!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

True, I do find pleasure in being the little boy with the big magnifying glass standing over the scurrying, ingenuous ants, but there are certain characters that I would never dream of killing. Just the ones that bore me, in true Olympian fashion.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home