Sunday, March 13, 2005

On the Lam...

Well, my character hasn't moved much since yesterday. She's still in a safe house over a paint shop in upstate New York (shout out to Molly's parents). I'm trying to integrate a little bit of all of my friends into the story. And even some of your stories into mine. One of my characters made passing reference to a Japanese mob, for instance. It wasn't necessary to the story, but I thought that Natalie would appreciate it. I like the idea of little hidden nuggets in a novel. Secret codes to you, my novel-writing compatriots. I have 20,107 words after about two hours of writing today. I'm averaging about a thousand words an hour, which ain't nothing to wave a bat at. I don't know what that means. It just sounded good. I don't even know if I meant 'bat', as in 'baseball bat,' or 'bat', as in 'small, flying furball.' Maybe there are other bats that could work equally well. Nonetheless, I didn't write as much as I had hoped today, but I did spend some quality time brain-storming with Jack. He was a huge help, and I think that the next few days of writing might be an actual joy. I might even write above and beyond what I hoped to write this week! I recommend Jack to you all as a great resource for crazy ideas. All hail Jack! I also suggest that you each begin to think of ways to reward yourself when you are done. I, for one, have a lavish spa day planned at Belladonna on Magazine on March 31, including, but not limited to, a massage, a facial, something called a saki bath, a pedicure, and a manicure. Just one more incentive to finish the job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I am my own worst punishment, but my super-ego appreciates the new and fresh ideas.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home