Saturday, March 12, 2005

Catching Up

OK...I can hold my head a little higher now. I began writing at about 12:30 and just quit at 4:00. I managed to go from about 14-something to 18,365. I am now only a day behind schedule. Not bad. Not bad at all. I wrote almost 4000 words today. I began the session with low expectations of myself. As I mentioned, I had ill-intentioned troops piling concrete blocks in my brain, and I was sure that they had won the battle and constructed an insurmountable wall. I struggled for the first half hour. Keep in mind that at this point my heroine has already: quit her day job, written a best-selling novel, been run off the side of a mountain in her Honda, had her beach cottage torched, gone into seclusion in Mexico for a year, sold the film rights of her book to a famous Hollywood director, and received threatening phone calls from a mysterious bad guy. And that was just the jumping off point. But I was struggling over what to do to her next. I was drawing a blank because I had hoped to stave off further trouble until she got to Paris with the hot leading man of the film version of her book. But that left me with a month of nothing. Sure, I could have shot ahead a month, but the leading man just asked her out on a date, and I didn't want to miss that. Unfortunately, they were both booked for a couple of weeks, which left a couple of weeks of nothing. I just wasn't happy with that. So I had her kidnapped. Of course, she escaped. But then she was thrown in the slammer for brandishing a weapon. Fortunately, she was bailed out by a lawyer-friend of an old college chum, who is taking her to upstate New York to hide out. But now I'm worried that she might miss her date! And how is she going to be able to go to Paris if she's in hiding because her life is in jeopardy. It's always something. Any suggestions, oh wise ones?

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Ooh. Great idea. Maybe I'll put her on a Ukrainian merchant ship. Adam the old Polish merchant marine told me lots of great stories about those things. So I guess that means that she can't really go out on a date with the movie star? And how dumb would it be for her to show up during a film shooting. Urg. I think that I had her kidnapped too soon. But she's where she needs to be right now. But I want her to go to Paris and have a date with that freakin' movie star. (Although she does have a new possible love interest who is more suited to her.)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home