Monday, March 28, 2005

Kind of stuck

I just hit 45,092, which is right on target. I know where I'm going, at least for the moment, but I'm a little stuck on some plot details. Hopefully, Jack will help me come up with something. He's been good at that so far. I don't have much of a mind for adventure-type stories, though I love to read them. I can only take it to a certain point, then I need someone to give me a nudge in the right direction. Right now, Bronte and Fladger have hatched up a plan to save the day, but I can't figure out what exactly the nefarious doom that they're curtailing is. I suppose I should be relieved that I'm not nefariously inclined. But it would certainly help at this point in the game. Nonetheless, I'm glad to have made it this far, and I know that I will finish...by Thursday. Boy, I'm glad this is a 31 day month.

Here's a few lines:

Finally the door began to move. Time crawled along pulling at it, extending my wait so that I was nearly yanking at my hair when it finally opened all the way. I stood just a foot or so from the entrance, holding my breath. The white tile of the opposite wall stared back at me, but only for a second. A man stepped in front of it. Not just a man. The man. The one from the car in Manhattan. Gyle Harkless.
“Hello, again,” he said and bowed to me like I was the queen mother.
“Great. Harkless,” I said. “I was afraid that I might have been kidnapped by a non-smoker.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home