Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A day at the beach and a pedicure

I didn't quite make my 4000 words yesterday, but I did write about 3400. More importantly, I hit a wall and climbed it...Again. That's one of the great things that I've learned during this month. Before, I'd reach a point in a plot when I'd say, "I've got nothing. I can't do this." And I'd stop. Now, because I'm forcing myself, I manage to always find a route up and over. I'm always surprised at the end of a session when I've found a solution. I seem to eternally underestimate myself. Anyone else discover more in their little noggins than they originally expected to find? I struggled with accepting my ignorance of every detail of the Parisian landscape, and I overcame that detail-oriented obsessiveness of mine. I said yesterday, "Great. What do I do with Bronte now? I don't know anything about covert operations. I don't know anything about resistance groups or secret societies. I must have been nuts to think I could pull this off. I gots nothing." But I had several hours and a computer and a will to write, and I did it. I am proud of myself. I am a novelist. Today, Debby and I took the little one to the beach for a while, and then Debby left me here at the internet cafe to my own devices until 6:00. A little salon next door caught my eye, and I decided to pamper myself before settling in to write. My little piggies are all smooth and pink now and I'm feeling relaxed and ready to go. I hope that you're all doing well and having as much fun as I am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get with the program. You say you did somthing, but that is just as easy as writing a BS essay for your high school english teacher. Stop trying to tap into your mind and write. Its easy, especially for a writer, so write. WRITE! Right?

4:29 PM  
Blogger natalie said...

who is this creepy someone's best friend person?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Weird.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home