Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Jan and Gina - Evil Geniuses, Inc.

I was surprised to find that Jack was not nearly as nefarious as I had hoped he would be. While his evil musings are profound, they do not have the absurd and immediate effectiveness of either Drs. Evil or No. And so when I hung up the phone with him yesterday, I found myself in the same impotent situation in which I'd been in when I solicited his help in the first place - my heroine had the perfect ploy to foil the wicked plans of the IOOF, yet the IOOF were sadly lacking in any wicked plans. I had made up my mind to sulk the rest of the evening, and I had even come to the conclusion that the whole plot was stupid - okay, it is, but that's not the point - and that perhaps it wasn't such a big deal anyway if a secret society dominates the world. Would it really change anything? Just then the phone rang, as it does so often in films and novels when the main character finds herself grinding to a halt and the plot needs to be kept moving. My friend Jan and his girlfriend Gina were going to dinner at Juan's Flying Burrito, and he wanted me to join them. As I said, I was prepared for a night of sulking and forehead-slapping, so I initially said, "No." But then I changed my mind. Kismet? The mysterious hand of the divine agent in the sky? Who can say? I called Jan back and accepted the invitation. After a lot of catching up talk and just as we were about to leave, I mentioned my current evil-plot-problem, or, more aptly put, my current lack-of-an-evil-plot-problem. As if they spent their Sunday mornings in bed discussing efficient and yet also aesthetically pleasing methods for taking over the world, they began gushing frighteningly infernal machinations for the IOOF. I was aghast and delighted, all at the same time. So I wanted to take a moment before I begin my writing today to thank Jan and Gina for their sinister minds.

1 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

i love synchronicity, it is the best!!!!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home