Friday, March 04, 2005

On second thought...

True. Everything that I wrote today was atrocious, and it was a miserable and disheartening experience. However I have to also say that I stuck with it anyway. That's something. In fact, that's the whole point. Prior to this effort, I judged my efforts in terms of hours. I would say, "I'll write for two hours." What that actually meant was that I would sit in front of my monitor for two hours. I counted gawking at a blank screen as part of the two hours. In fact, anything done during those two hours counted. Results? Not many. I think that I gave myself too much freedom because I was terrified that if I put any pressure on myself I'd realize what a failure I am. I wouldn't be able to perform. But it wasn't doing much good just staring. I wasn't writing, which is what I wanted to do. So, ok, I wrote 1667 words of garbage today. But that's 1667 words more than I would have written on any day before March 1st. I just want to thank you guys for being here to taunt me cruelly if I neglect my daily Quota. The anxiety is making me a better writer, even if my writing isn't better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home