Wednesday, March 02, 2005

fruit wine

okay 1430 more words today (perhaps more later)
grand total: 5739 words
not quite the quota but not bad considering I wasn’t at all in the mood to write.
sun is shining on the snow and it is BRIGHT outside. one of my students wrote an essay a brilliant one actually, which I will post on my journal eventually (www.fatetwins.com) anyway in this essay he was writing about how Japan is darker than the U.S. and he cited as evidence that Americans often wear sunglasses. I didn’t have the time to explain that we have lighter eyes in general and that pale eyes are less resistant to sunlight. But the whole thing made me remember when I was young and whole weird theories could be based on ideas like this, and this made me think of the general philosophy of our endeavor: take risks, be free, expect endless supplies of suspension of disbelief.

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I thought that we wore sunglasses because they looked so cool on Jackie-O and Tom Cruise.

4:23 PM  
Blogger natalie said...

the rage among my blingbling friends here is to greedily grab the big black glasses usually worn only by geriatrics?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home