Friday, April 15, 2005

A bad poem from a bad girl.

I decided that it was not in my best interest to submit any of my really gooey love poetry from high school for your perusal. I'd hate to be responsible for any cases of stomach inversion. So here's a non-romantic poem.

(I have to preface this by saying that I have nothing against cats and that I have absolutely no recollection of writing this poem. But my mom swears that I did. )

The footprints on my car
really got under my skin
so while driving to work
I was fuming within.
When my tire began thumping,
I thought it was flat
So I stopped to look
and found your cat.
The anger was gone
when I returned to my seat
and as the thumping resumed
I thought, "what a treat".

Honestly, I don't think that I wrote that. I don't remember being so cruel. Wait. Oh. Wait. Oh, yeah. Maybe a little. But, really, cats are fine. And they do not deserve to spend their time thumpity-thumping under young hooligans' cars. I mean that. Truly.

Now. Jack. You said that we should keep posting every day. You. Not me. I didn't say that. You did. Knowing me as you do and having just read about my apparent glee at having squished some poor kitty, I think that you'd better begin posting yourself. Or I'll put you on a post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home