Thursday, October 12, 2006

On writing another bad novel.

I've definitely gotten myself back into National Novel Writing Month mindset, after reviewing some of my more painful entries from March 2005. In fact, even now, despite the lengthy days that will pass between now and the moment I begin writing again (November 1, 2006), I am skillfully neglecting my actual work! Smashing! That's when I know I'm ripe to write a bad novel. Will any of my past cohorts and comrades in cliche join me on this new expedition or even bother to revisit our lost days of bad-novel-writing? It's hard to say. I've mentioned the idea to Natalie, who is awash in interesting stories from California this year. Jack should certainly have a lot to say as one of his very own plotlines manifested itself just last year during Katrina. I've nearly forgotten the other folks were who were planning to write and didn't. But Jack and Natalie, my co-scribblers, will you respond? Are you up to the challenge? I guess you can only answer that question if you read it, which may or may not happen.

Nevertheless, response or no, I've begun to consider various bad plotlines, cloying character development, raunchy ripostes, etc. I'm taking notes, kids. I'm getting ready. I'm gonna be a contender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home